- 1 # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 2 Sweet Chex Mix- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 3 Ingredients- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 4 How to Make Sweet Chex Mix- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 5 How To Store- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 6 Tips- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 7 Variations- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 8 More Snack Recipes You’ll Love- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- 9 Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
You are reading the article: Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe) – World Ramens
: Sweet Chex mix is a crowd-pleasing combination of sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy flavors and textures.
Bạn Đang Xem: # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
# Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
The perfect combination of flavors and textures, this sweet Chex mix is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
It’s sweet and salty, as well as crisp, crunchy, and chewy.
There’s no wonder why it’s always an instant hit!
Whether it’s at a tailgate, a potluck, or a summer BBQ, everybody always gets hooked on it.
The only problem is, this snack is so outrageously addictive, you won’t be able to stop eating it!
So if you’re trying to cut back on sweets, I suggest you skip ahead.
But if you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, absolutely give this sweet Chex mix a try!
Sweet Chex Mix- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
It’s a combination of Chex mix cereal and nuts, tossed in a sweet and sticky caramel butter sauce.
Give me a moment to compose myself after dreaming about it.
I love how a combination of simple ingredients can yield this masterpiece of a treat.
What’s not to love? It’s crispy and crunchy, sweet and salty, chewy, and ooey-gooey. So basically, it’s irresistible.
Plus, this snack is also easy to make, has a long shelf-life, and is perfect for any occasion.
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t make it today, so let’s get started!
Ingredients- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- Chex Mix – This snack doesn’t have “Chex” in its name for nothing! Pick any flavor variety or varieties you like.
- Nuts – I prefer pecans and almonds, but feel free to pick your poison.
- Salted Butter – The base of the coating that’s tossed into the cereal to amp its flavors. Use good-quality butter for the best results, and please, stay away from margarine!
- Brown Sugar – It’s added to the butter, giving it a deep, toffee and caramel-like flavor.
- Dark Corn Syrup – Aside from sweetness, it also helps make the butter coating sticky and ooey gooey.
How to Make Sweet Chex Mix- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
Preheat your oven and grease your roasting pan.
Also, set aside 2 to 3 sheets of parchment or wax paper. You need them for drying out the snack after baking.
2. Mix the mix-ins.
Combine cereal and nuts in a large bowl.
Be sure the bowl is large enough that you can toss the ingredients without spilling.
3. Make the butter coating.
Melt butter in a saucepan, and stir in some brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
4. Pour and toss.
Pour the butter mixture onto the mix-ins and toss well to coat.
Spread the mixture onto your prepared roasting pan and bake for 1 hour.
Give it a good stir every 15 minutes.
Spread the mixture onto sheets of parchment paper and set them out to dry for about 30 minutes.
Give it a stir now and then to keep them from sticking to each other.
7. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
I don’t think there’ll be any leftovers to store, but just in case, here’s how.
Transfer leftovers into an air-tight container and store them at room temperature for 4 days or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tips- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
- If you find the butter mixture too sweet, dial it down by adding a pinch of salt. However, I find that using salted butter is already enough to balance out the flavors.
- Give the Chex Mix time to rest. This is what makes the butter coating extra chewy and ooey-gooey. Grease your hands with non-stick spray to prevent a sticky situation.
- Give the cereal mix a stir every 15 minutes as it cools. This will keep the pieces from sticking together.
- If you’re giving it out as a gift, pack the snack in cellophane bags, tin cans, or mason jars for a pretty presentation.
- If it’s for a party, consider serving it in individual portions. You won’t want people to be fighting over the bowl! Spoon individual servings into muffin liners or paper cups instead.
Variations- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
One of the greatest things about this snack is the endless ways to make it your own.
From switching up the cereal to throwing nuts and candies into the mix, every addition makes this snack even more addictive.
Experiment with these variation suggestions and let me know which ones you like most!
Cereal – sweet chex mix Worldramens
As suggested by its name, this snack uses Chex cereal as its base.
You can use any variation here: honey nut, chocolate, peanut butter, you name it.
You can even combine the flavors for a fun variety.
Also, don’t let this snack’s name stop you from using or adding other cereals to the mix.
Cheerios, Cap’N Crunch, Froot Loops, and Cocoa Puffs all make fine options.
Nuts – sweet chex mix Worldramens
I like to use a combination of pecans and almonds in my Chex mix, but again, use whatever nut ruffles your truffles.
My only recommendation is, whether you pick walnuts, cashews, or peanuts, that you toast them beforehand.
Simply spread them out on a sheet pan, and roast for about 8 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It might be an extra step, but it truly brings out the flavor of the nuts even more.
Chocolate/Candy – sweet chex mix Worldramens
To me, nothing’s more addictive than a sweet and salty treat. That’s why I love combining salty and buttery snacks with chocolate!
If you do, too, here are some wonderful options:
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
- Toffee bits
- Reese Pieces
Just be sure to add these mix-ins once the snack has already completely cooled. Otherwise, they’ll melt.
Textural Mix-ins – sweet chex mix Worldramens
If you like tickling your taste buds with playful texture combinations, give these mix-ins a try!
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Dried fruit
More Snack Recipes You’ll Love- # Sweet Chex Mix (Best Recipe)
Original Chex Mix
Amish Caramel Corn
What are the main ingredients in Sweet Chex Mix?
Sweet Chex Mix usually consists of a combination of Chex cereal, butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. It can also include other ingredients such as nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
How long will Sweet Chex Mix last?
When stored in an airtight container, Sweet Chex Mix can last for up to two weeks.
What is the best way to serve Sweet Chex Mix?
Sweet Chex Mix is best served as a snack or dessert. It can also be used as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, or waffles.