- 1 # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 2 Rhubarb Streusel Muffins- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 3 Ingredients – # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 4 How to Make Rhubarb Muffins – # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 4.0.1 1. Preheat the oven and prep a muffin tin. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- 4.0.2 2. Make the streusel. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- 4.0.3 3. Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- 4.0.4 4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- 4.0.5 5. Portion the muffins, add the streusel, and bake. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- 5 Tips & Variations- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 6 How to Store & Freeze – # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 7 More Muffin Recipes You’ll Love- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 8 Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
You are reading the article: Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping – World Ramens
: These rhubarb muffins are loaded with sweet, tangy fruit and topped with a streusel topping, making them a delicious alternative to blueberry or banana muffins.
Bạn Đang Xem: # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
# Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
These rhubarb muffins are loaded with sweet, tangy fruit and topped with a fun streusel topping.
And they’ll put any blueberry or banana muffin to shame.
Rhubarb may not be as mainstream as strawberries or blueberries, but it’s definitely worth adding to your baking rotation.
After all, it’s bright, vibrant, and jam-packed with sweet-tart flavor.
And it goes so well in this tender muffin recipe.
So whether you get it from the farmers market or your backyard, try this rhubarb muffins recipe. You won’t regret it!
Rhubarb Streusel Muffins- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
Say hello to your new favorite breakfast on the go.
These rhubarb streusel muffins look incredible, smell amazing, and taste insanely good.
The base is fluffy, sweet, and chock full of real fruit. And that’s super delicious on its own, to be honest.
But the crunchy cinnamon top is too good to miss out on.
See More : ##Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Ready in a flash, these are ideal for brunch, snacking, or even a light summer dessert.
Let’s get to it.
Ingredients – # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
The only thing you might not have for this recipe is the fruit. And since it’s seasonal, it’s more of a summer recipe.
That said, I usually get a lot of fresh fruit in the summer, clean it, cut it, and freeze it for later. So feel free to use frozen!
For the Muffins – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- Rhubarb: Pick deep red stalks for the best color and taste. If using frozen, thaw it and drain the excess liquid away.
- Flour: The base that provides structure. Stick to all-purpose flour for best results, and be sure to measure it accurately.
- Brown Sugar: Granulated sugar is fine, too, but I prefer brown for the added molasses. It makes the muffins extra moist.
- Baking Powder and Soda: The leavening agents that help the batter rise.
- Salt: Just a pinch, to balance out the sugar.
- Buttermilk: For richness, flavor, and moisture.
- Vegetable Oil: The fat component.
- Egg: To bind the ingredients, add richness, and help the muffins rise.
- Vanilla Extract: For an extra flavor boost.
- Walnuts: Something crunchy for a nice textural contrast. Feel free to leave them out if you need the muffins nut-free.
For the Streusel – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
- Sugar: Use brown or white. I usually go for whatever I use in the recipe since it’s out. But white will give it a crispier finish.
- Butter: To make the topping buttery and to hold the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Cinnamon: For warmth.
How to Make Rhubarb Muffins – # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
This recipe is similar to most muffin recipes. Just make the batter, mix in the extras, bake, and enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven and prep a muffin tin. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°C) and grease a muffin pan with cooking spray or line the holes with paper cups.
(For a crisp exterior, grease the pans with non-stick spray or butter. For moist muffins inside and out, line the pans with paper cups.)
2. Make the streusel. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Mix the sugar with the melted butter and cinnamon with a fork. It should resemble coarse sand with small to medium crumbs.
You can also do this by hand if the butter has cooled.
3. Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Add the brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla to a large bowl and beat them with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients.
Then, gently mix by hand with a rubber spatula and stop just before everything is combined (you should still see streaks of flour).
Stir in the rhubarb and walnuts until you no longer see streaks of flour.
5. Portion the muffins, add the streusel, and bake. – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Fill the muffin cups with the batter until they’re about 2/3 full. Then, sprinkle the tops with the streusel and bake for 25 minutes.
Let the rhubarb muffins cool in the pans for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy them warm or at room temperature.
Tips & Variations- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Measure the flour with a kitchen scale. Too much flour will make your muffins dry and rubbery. So, it’s always best to weigh it, rather than scoop and pack it into a measuring cup.
- If you don’t have a scale, use the spoon-and-level method. Fluff the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon and level it off with the back of a knife.
- Dice the rhubarb into small chunks. This ensures it’s evenly distributed, giving you lovely pieces of rhubarb in each bite.
- Lightly coat the rhubarb bits in flour. It’ll keep them from sinking to the bottom.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Stop as soon as you no longer see streaks of flour in the batter.
- Turn the pans halfway through baking to ensure even baking. This tip is especially helpful if your oven is old.
- Make your own buttermilk. If you don’t have it on hand, just make it yourself! Pour 1 tablespoon of vinegar into 1 cup of milk and let it sit for 10 minutes, or until it curdles.
- Bake mini muffins for 12 minutes. Use the same recipe but with smaller muffin pans.
- Switch up the recipe! Give these variations a try:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins – use 3/4 cup rhubarb and 3/4 cup chopped strawberries.
- Almond Rhubarb Muffins – add 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the butter. Mix in slivered almonds with the streusel.
How to Store & Freeze – # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
Just like most quick breads, these rhubarb muffins are best served the day they’re baked.
But if you made too many, here’s how to store leftovers:
At Room Temperature – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Wrap completely cooled muffins tightly with plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container.
Store them at room temperature for up to 2-3 days (or in the fridge for up to a week).
In the Freezer – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Tightly wrap the muffins in plastic wrap and foil, then place them in freezer-safe bags.
Label the bags accordingly and freeze them for up to 2 months.
To Thaw and Reheat – rhubarb muffins Worldramens
Allow the frozen muffins to thaw at room temperature before serving. Or, reheat them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you want to speed things up, pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
More Muffin Recipes You’ll Love- # Easy Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping
Lemon Poppy Muffins
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
What type of muffin batter should I use?
You can use any type of muffin batter you’d like with this recipe, such as a traditional muffin batter or a vegan muffin batter. Just ensure that it’s thick enough to hold the crumb topping.
What type of topping should I use?
The suggested topping is a buttery crumb topping which consists of sugar, butter, flour, and cinnamon. However, you can also use a streusel topping, or even a glaze.
Are rhubarb muffins healthy?
Rhubarb muffins are generally healthy if you use whole-wheat flour and other natural ingredients. However, you should note that the topping can add a significant amount of fat and sugar.