- 1 # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 2 Mexican Meatloaf – # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 3 Ingredients – # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 4 How to Make Mexican Meatloaf- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 5 Tips and Variations- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 6 What to Serve with Mexican Meatloaf- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 7 Storing, Freezing, and Reheating – # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 8 More Mexican Recipes You’ll Love- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- 9 Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
You are reading the article: Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe) – World Ramens
Mexican meatloaf is a flavorful twist on the classic American dish that takes the best parts of a taco and turns them into a tasty main dish.
Bạn Đang Xem: # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
# Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
Mexican meatloaf is the perfect way to spice up your dinner routine!
This tasty twist on the classic American dish takes the best parts of a taco and turns them into a flavorful main dish.
Made with savory beef, spicy taco seasoning, and crunchy crushed tortilla chips, it’s a delicious explosion of flavor in every bite.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover tortilla chips you might have in your pantry!
So why not give this Mexican meatloaf a try? I promise it’ll be your new favorite Mexican recipe!
Mexican Meatloaf – # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
Traditional meatloaf is good, but have you tried Mexican meatloaf? It’s a whole new level of awesomeness!
Imagine biting into a savory and flavorful slice of beef, mixed with melted cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and a perfect blend of taco seasoning.
And let’s not forget the finishing touch, a drizzle of mild red taco sauce on top!
The result is a scrumptious burst of flavors and textures that’s sure to leave your taste buds begging for more.
So next time you’re in the mood for some comfort food, skip the traditional meatloaf and go straight for the Mexican version.
Ingredients – # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- Lean Ground Beef: the base of your meatloaf. Lean ground beef (80/20 or 85/15) )is a good choice because it’s lower in fat, but still has plenty of flavor.
- Onion: Chopped onion adds a slightly sweet flavor to the meatloaf. It also adds moisture and texture.
- Crushed Tortilla Chips: These add a nice crunch to the meatloaf and also provide a subtle corn flavor. They also help to bind the meatloaf together.
- Pepper Jack Cheese: Shredded Pepper Jack cheese adds a creamy, slightly spicy flavor to the meatloaf. It also adds moisture and helps to hold the meatloaf together.
- Taco Seasoning Mix: This pre-made spice blend contains a variety of Mexican-inspired spices, such as chili powder, cumin, and paprika. It gives the beef a hot and bold flavor.
- Eggs: Beaten eggs help to bind the meatloaf together and add moisture.
- Milk: Milk adds moisture to the meatloaf and also helps to keep it tender.
- Mild Red Taco Sauce: This adds a slightly sweet and tangy flavor to the meatloaf, as well as some additional moisture. It also helps to enhance the taco seasoning flavor.
How to Make Mexican Meatloaf- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. Make the meatloaf mixture.
Use your hands to mix the ground beef, chopped onion, crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning.
Don’t overmix the meat! Stop as soon as the ingredients are well combined.
See More : # Peach Pie (Perfect Recipe)
3. Combine the wet ingredients.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and taco sauce.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of the beef mixture and combine it with your hands.
5. Bake the meatloaf.
Press the meatloaf into the loaf pan and spread the taco sauce over it.
Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
6. Let it rest.
Let the meat rest for 10 to 15 minutes to redistribute its juices.
7. Garnish and enjoy.
Top it with your favorite meatloaf accouterments. Mine are ketchup and mustard.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
- Don’t overmix the meat mixture, otherwise, your meatloaf will turn out tough and rubbery. Use your hands for the best results. It’ll be messy, but worth it.
- If you want your meatloaf to be crisp on all sides, don’t bake it in a loaf pan. Shape it into a loaf with your hands.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the meatloaf for doneness. Cooked beef has an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For more of a Mexican flavor, use half lean ground beef and ground chorizo sausage. Chorizo is high in fat, so it’ll really amp up the flavor of your meatloaf.
- You can also mix in sweet corn, chopped tomatoes, and green chiles for an extra layer of flavor.
- For spices, go for cilantro, cumin, and garlic powder. Worcestershire sauce also adds an incredible umami-ness.
- If you want more heat, use extra spicy salsa and taco seasoning. Diced jalapenos are perfect, too.
- For an extra cheesy meatloaf, sprinkle shredded cheese over the meatloaf at the last 1-2 minutes of baking.
What to Serve with Mexican Meatloaf- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
As awesome as Mexican meatloaf is, we can’t consider it a stand-alone dish.
It needs sides and toppings to make it a whole meal. I have you covered with some tasty options to try.
Mexican Sides & Toppings
I’m talking Mexican rice, fresh avocado, sour cream, and freshly made pico de Gallo.
This combination is tried and tested, thereby, sure to please.
Traditional Meatloaf sides
- Mac and Cheese – This classic comfort food is the perfect complement to meatloaf. The cheesy goodness of mac and cheese pairs well with the savory meatloaf.
- Chipotle Black Bean Soup – The smokiness of the peppers complements the savory meatloaf, while the black beans add a creamy texture and protein boost to the meal.
- Mashed Potatoes – I mean, who doesn’t love meatloaf and mashed potatoes?
- Green Bean Casserole – Crisp green beans and creamy mushroom sauce provide a nice balance to the savory and bold flavors of Mexican meatloaf. The crunchy fried onions add a nice texture and flavor contrast, as well.
- Pan-fried Plantains – Sweet plantains + savory meatloaf = match made in heaven! The crispy texture of the fried plantains also adds a nice contrast to the meatloaf’s dense texture.
- Jennifer Aniston Salad – You’ll want something light and refreshing to cut through the richness of the meatloaf.
- Fresh Fruit – For a sweet and refreshing finish. Bananas, ripe mangoes, grapes, just whatever you have on hand.
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating – # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
See More : # Eggnog French Toast (Easy Recipe)
Allow Mexican meatloaf to cool completely and store it in an air-tight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Allow your meatloaf to cool completely before freezing it.
Double-wrap either the whole loaf or individual slices in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Place them in freezer-safe bags, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal them.
Label the bags accordingly and freeze them. Mexican meatloaf will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Transfer the meatloaf to the fridge and let it thaw overnight.
To reheat in the oven, place the meatloaf in a baking dish and add 1-2 tablespoons of broth or water to the dish.
The liquid will keep the meat from drying out.
Reheat at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Test it for doneness with a meat thermometer, which should read 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Note that reheating meatloaf slices won’t require as long a time.
To reheat it on the stovetop, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and reheat the meatloaf slices for 3-4 minutes per side.
To reheat it in the microwave, place the meatloaf in a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a piece of paper towel.
Microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it’s warmed through.
More Mexican Recipes You’ll Love- # Mexican Meatloaf (Easy Dinner Recipe)
One Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
Mexican Hot Dogs
Easy Mexican Lasagna