- 1 # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 2 Restaurant-Style Mexican “Fried” Ice Cream – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 3 Ingredients – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 4 How to Make Mexican Ice Cream – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 5 Substitutions and Additions – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 6 How to Store- # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 7 More Cool and Creamy Recipes You’ll Love- # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
- 8 Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)- # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
You are reading the article: Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe) – World Ramens
: Fried ice cream is a Mexican restaurant-style treat that is cool, creamy, and crunchy.
Bạn Đang Xem: # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
# Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
Also known simply as fried ice cream, you just can’t beat this restaurant-style Mexican ice cream.
It’s cool, creamy, and crunchy to the max!
Whatever you call this fun dessert, there’s no denying it’s delicious.
Between the flaky, crunchy crust, the sweet, sticky honey, and the dreamy ice cream, it’s got everything you need to end a meal.
But here’s the secret none of the restaurants want you to know: it’s ridiculously easy to make.
No, seriously. Anyone can make this Mexican ice cream recipe!
Restaurant-Style Mexican “Fried” Ice Cream – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
I’ve loved fried ice cream since I first tried it in the fifth grade. That crunchy Corn Flake crust with just a hint of cinnamon was impossible to resist.
But I was always too scared to make it at home. After all, how in the world do you fry ice cream?!
Well…you don’t, actually.
Of course, the more authentic Mexican restaurants usually fry it, But once you add the crust, it’ll taste fried without going near the hot oil!
Ingredients – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
Do you have a freezer, baking sheet, ice cream scoop, and some parchment paper? If so, you can make Mexican ice cream at home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ice Cream – Obviously. Vanilla is the most used flavor, but you can use any you like.
- Frosted Flakes – I like the added sweetness of Frosted Flakes, but Corn Flakes work well too.
- Sugar – Just a little so the crust is sweet. I use white sugar, but brown sugar wouldn’t taste bad, either.
- Ground Cinnamon – Don’t leave out the cinnamon! The warm, robust flavor complements the cool creaminess of the ice cream perfectly.
- Honey – This is an optional drizzle, but it makes all the difference. It’s a sweet and sticky mess you won’t be able to stop eating.
How to Make Mexican Ice Cream – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
The complete step-by-step recipe for Mexican ice cream is at the bottom. But here’s an overview of how to make it:
- Prepare the ingredients. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, crush the Frosted Flakes, and scoop and roll the ice cream into four equal-sized balls.
- Freeze the ice cream balls and prepare the coating. Place the baking sheet with the ice cream balls into the freezer. Let them freeze for at least an hour so they firm up. Combine the Frosted Flake crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Roll the ice cream in the coating and refreeze. Remove the ice cream balls from the freezer and roll them in the coating mixture. Once they’re well coated, put them back in the freezer.
- Add the toppings, serve, and enjoy! Remove the baking sheet from the freezer when you’re ready to eat the ice cream. Transfer each scoop to a separate plate, and top them with honey.
If you’re adding chocolate or other toppings, do so now.
Then, grab a spoon and dig in!
Substitutions and Additions – # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
Besides how easy it is to make, the great thing about this recipe is that it’s customizable.
I’ve already talked about chocolate syrup, and a few maraschino cherries wouldn’t hurt, either.
See More : ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
But don’t stop there! Here are some other substitutions and additions to consider:
- Experiment with different cereals. If you don’t want the extra sugar, stick to regular Corn Flakes. Or try something totally different, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Bran Flake, or Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut.
- Check out different ice cream flavors. Pick your favorite flavor of ice cream and see how well it works. Try chocolate, strawberry, butter pecan, and more.
- Make it keto friendly. The Catalina Crunch brand makes keto-friendly Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Incredi-bowl produces keto-friendly Frosted Flakes. Just be sure to grab a keto ice cream and a honey substitute too.
- Make a healthier alternative. Cut back on calories with low-fat ice cream. Frozen yogurt is another excellent option.
- Try different toppings. Go for caramel, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, or melted peanut butter. Fruit is another good option!
Basically, if you can put it on ice cream, you can put it on this decadent dessert.
So tweak this recipe however you like.
How to Store- # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
As you can imagine, storing any Mexican ice cream leftovers isn’t tricky at all. Simply pop them in the freezer – in an airtight container, of course.
Unfortunately, Mexican ice cream isn’t like regular ice cream, so it won’t stay fresh in the freezer for long. The cereal will get soft and stale pretty quickly.
With that in mind, if you want leftovers to taste their best, eat them within 2 days of freezing.
Whatever you do, don’t store them in the refrigerator! Even covered in a crunchy coating, it’s still ice cream underneath, and it will melt.
More Cool and Creamy Recipes You’ll Love- # Mexican Ice Cream (Easy Recipe)
Ice Cream Balls
Hershey’s Sundae Pie
Better Than Sex Cake
Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
What is Mexican Ice Cream?
Mexican Ice Cream is a type of ice cream that is rich, creamy, and full of flavor. It is made with a combination of sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. It’s traditionally served with a sprinkle of nuts and a drizzle of caramel or chocolate syrup.
What makes Mexican Ice Cream different from other types of ice cream?
Mexican Ice Cream has a unique flavor that comes from the combination of sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and spices like cinnamon and vanilla. It also has a creamy texture that is different from traditional ice cream.
Is there an easy way to make Mexican Ice Cream at home?
Yes! The article provides an easy recipe for making Mexican Ice Cream at home. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a blender or food processor. It’s a quick and easy way to enjoy delicious Mexican Ice Cream!