- 1 # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 2 What Is Hot and Sour Chicken Soup? – # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 3 Ingredients – # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 4 How to Make Hot and Sour Chicken Soup – # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 5 Tips and Tricks- # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 6 More Soup Recipes You’ll Love- # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 7 Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)- # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- 7.1 Ingredients – hot and sour chicken soup Worldramens
- 7.2 Directions – hot and sour chicken soup Worldramens
- 7.3 What are the health benefits of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup?
- 7.4 Can I make Hot and Sour Chicken Soup without chicken?
- 7.5 What is the best way to store leftovers of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup?
You are reading the article: Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe) – World Ramens
Make this easy, healthy, and delicious hot and sour chicken soup the next time you’re craving comfort food. Simply sauté some garlic, ginger, and scallions in oil, add cooked chicken, chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Bạn Đang Xem: # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
# Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
Make this better-than-takeout hot and sour chicken soup the next time you’re craving comfort food.
It’s quick, easy, and perfect for chilly weeknights.
It’s packed with tender mushrooms and sesame chicken in a flavorful broth. So it’s tangy and savory with just the right amount of spice.
See More : # Peanut Butter Milkshake (Best Recipe)
That makes it ideal for busy nights when you need something hot in 30 minutes or less.
So serve it as a main meal or a side to your favorite Asian-inspired feast. Either way, this hot and sour chicken soup is next level!
What Is Hot and Sour Chicken Soup? – # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
Hot and sour chicken soup is a delicious Chinese dish featuring broth, vegetables, and chicken. Though hot and sour soup can be served with pork, tofu, seafood, or beef. It’s a Sichuan soup with spice and sourness from the white pepper and vinegar (such as black rice or Zhenjiang), respectively.
It’s tangy, spicy, and savory all at once. So every bite is exciting!
The base is full of umami-rich flavors and features many Chinese soup staples, including stock, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce.
Thickened with a little bit of cornstarch, it also has ribbons of egg cooked in the broth.
As mentioned, it gets its name from the combination of spicy and sour ingredients.
See More : # Honey Walnut Shrimp (Best Recipe)
In this case, you’ll add white pepper and red pepper flakes, plus red wine vinegar.
Ingredients – # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- Chicken Broth – To add richness and a nice meaty, umami flavor with minimal effort.
- Mushrooms and Bamboo Shoots – The recipe calls for fresh mushrooms and bamboo shoots, but feel free to add your favorites if you’re cleaning out the fridge!
- Ginger, Garlic, and Green Onions – Aromatics add tons of flavor. Ginger is bright and tangy, while garlic and onions are on the edge of spicy.
- Soy Sauce – A bit of salty flavor is just what the soup needs.
- White Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes – This pair gives you just the right level of heat.
- Chicken – Boneless and skinless chicken breasts are ideal. Though you can use leftover rotisserie chicken for an even easier dish!
- Sesame Oil – For a pleasant nutty finish.
- Red Wine Vinegar – For the ‘sour’ element.
- Cornstarch – To thicken the broth slightly.
- Egg – The egg drop ribbons take this soup to the next level. Make sure it’s beaten well before adding it to the hot soup.
How to Make Hot and Sour Chicken Soup – # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
It looks and sounds complicated, but I promise this soup is a breeze to whip up!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Make the broth. Pour the chicken broth and water into a tall, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the sliced mushrooms, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, white pepper, and soy sauce, and stir well.
- Season the chicken and make a slurry. Slice the chicken into thin strips and transfer them into a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle the sesame oil over the top and toss the chicken until it’s well-coated. Then, add the cornstarch and vinegar to a small bowl and stir until smooth. This is a slurry, and it’ll thicken the soup.
- Cook the chicken and thicken the soup. Turn the heat up and bring the soup back to a boil. Then, carefully add the chicken and stir to break the pieces apart. Let the chicken cook for a couple of minutes, then add the slurry. Stir continuously for a minute or two.
- Add the egg, then serve! When the chicken is cooked, and the soup has thickened, beat the egg in a small bowl. Then, stir the soup in circles and slowly pour the egg into the stream. It will cook in seconds and form egg strands in the broth. Cook for another minute, then serve with chopped scallions!
Tips and Tricks- # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
- Don’t leave out the bamboo shoots. They’re an easy ingredient to add, and they taste great!
- Use rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey. Just add it before the slurry and cook for a few minutes less.
- Add any veggies you think will work. This is perfect for fridge clean-out day, so add carrots, broccoli, zucchini – you name it!
- Make it vegetarian or vegan. Use veggie stock and replace the chicken with tofu. For a vegan dish, leave out the egg.
- Make it a mushroom medley. The more traditional recipes call for all kinds of tasty mushrooms, including shiitake, wood ear, and lily buds.
- Increase the spice level with hot sauce! Just a few dashes will do. And be sure to taste as you go.
More Soup Recipes You’ll Love- # Hot and Sour Chicken Soup (Easy Recipe)
Buffalo Chicken Soup
15 Bean Soup
Julia Child’s French Onion Soup
What are the health benefits of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup?
Hot and Sour Chicken Soup is a nutritious and delicious soup that is high in protein and low in calories. It is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, iron, and magnesium. The soup also contains ingredients that are known to help boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and improve digestion.
Can I make Hot and Sour Chicken Soup without chicken?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup by substituting the chicken with tofu or vegetables. Just be sure to use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for a delicious and nutritious vegan version.
What is the best way to store leftovers of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup?
To prolong the shelf life of leftovers of Hot and Sour Chicken Soup, make sure to refrigerate them in an airtight container. The soup should last up to four days in the fridge. You can also freeze the soup for up to three months for future meals.