- 1 # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 2 French Toast Bagel – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 3 Ingredients- # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 4 How to Make French Toast Bagels- # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 5 Tips for the Best Bagel – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 6 French Toast Bagel Toppings – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 7 How to Store and Reheat – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
- 8 French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)- # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
You are reading the article: French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe) – World Ramens
: French toast bagel is a delicious combo of soft and crunchy, sweet and savory, perfect for starting the day.
Bạn Đang Xem: # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
# French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
Wake up to the sweet, savory smell of a French toast bagel!
Soft and doughy on the outside, crunchy and sweet on the inside, this delicious crossover breakfast recipe is the perfect start to any day.
It doesn’t matter if you love your bagels or can’t get enough French toast.
You don’t have to choose one or the other anymore.
With the easy-to-make French toast bagel, you can enjoy both in one convenient bite.
So if you’re looking for a new way to start your morning right, look no further.
Read on and see how simple it is to make this delightful dish.
French Toast Bagel – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
Bagels are a morning favorite of mine, anyway.
So when I heard about French toast bagels, I knew I had to try them. Fortunately, they did not disappoint.
They have the same soft, melt-in-your-mouth centers and crisp edges as any good bagel.
But these are covered in cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla for an extra decadent treat.
Despite their indulgence, these bagels take less than 15 minutes to make. Plus, you can make them with any bagel you like best.
See More : # Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie (Easy Recipe)
Everyone who tries them will want more.
They’re beyond delicious, and they’re 110% addictive.
You’ll want to make them for breakfast every morning, not just on special occasions.
Ingredients- # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
Need another reason to love this phenomenal breakfast recipe?
How about the fact that it uses only seven ingredients? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bagels. You can use whatever bagels you like best. If you have dietary restrictions, use gluten-free or low-carb bagels. If you want to vary the flavor, try starting with non-plain bagels. (I’m fond of blueberry.)
- Eggs. The fat in the eggs helps give the bagels their rich, indulgent flavor. The eggs also act as a binding agent and hold everything together.
- Milk. Some people use a combination of milk and heavy cream. I find that whole milk works just as well. I’d avoid using skim or 2%. You want the flavor you get only with whole milk.
- Cinnamon. The recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, but you can use a little more if you like. I love plenty of cinnamon on my French toast bagels. After all, that’s what gives them their “French toast” flavor.
- Vanilla. Vanilla’s sweetness is the perfect complement to the cinnamon’s spicy warmth.
- Salt. Salt acts as a flavor enhancer.
- Butter. You need just a little to toast the bagels.
Remember to have your toppings ready to go, too. Maple syrup (or honey) is standard.
You can also add berries, cream, powdered sugar, and more.
How to Make French Toast Bagels- # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
Making these bagels is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Mix the French toast coating. Add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk them together with a large whisk.
2. Dip the bagels. Then, dip each bagel slice in the mixture. Let them soak for about 30 seconds on each side to really soak up the mixture’s flavors.
3. Cook the bagels. Add a little butter to a pan.
Then, cook the bagels over medium heat on each side for a few minutes.
Once they start to brown, you can flip them and then remove them.
After that, it’s just a matter of adding your toppings and savoring the flavor.
Tips for the Best Bagel – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
Here are a few helpful tips and tricks to keep in mind when making French toast bagels:
- Don’t rush the soaking time. Typically, bagels are much thicker than other breads used to make French toast. So, you need to let them soak at least 30 seconds per side before removing them from the mixture. Don’t just dip the slices and remove them.
- Ensure that the pan is warm and the butter is melted before adding the bagels. If you add the slices to a cold or semi-warm pan, they’ll get soggy. Give the pan time to warm up, and melt the butter first.
- Add some sugar for a sweeter flavor. Brown sugar always pairs well with cinnamon. You could use regular granulated sugar, as well.
- You can make this recipe with stale bagels. Just let the bagels sit a little longer in the egg mixture to give them the best texture. If you refrigerate your bagels, you may want to set them out on the counter the night before, too. Putting them in the pan straight from the fridge can make them soggy.
- Add cream for a richer flavor. You can add half whole milk and half heavy cream. Or you can substitute an equal amount of half and half for the milk in the recipe.
- Don’t be picky about your bagels. You can make this recipe with any size, shape, or flavor of bagels. Have plain, full-size bagels? No problem! Have cinnamon and raisin mini bagels instead? Also, no problem! You can use whatever bagels you have on hand.
- Keep the bagels warm in the oven. Sometimes, we like to make things ahead of time. Furthermore, not everyone comes down to breakfast at the same time. Keep the bagels warm by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven. Keep the temperature at a steady 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
See More : # Quiche Muffins (Easy Breakfast Recipe)
Feel free to experiment with flavors, too. Add a bit of extra spice to the mixture. Cloves and nutmeg are always nice.
You can tweak your toppings to suit your tastes, as well.
French Toast Bagel Toppings – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
When it comes to toppings, you can pretty much add whatever you want. Here are some of my favorites to give you an idea:
- Maple syrup or honey
- Whipped cream
- Whipped vanilla cream cheese (2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 tablespoons sugar, 8 ounces cream cheese, beat together until smooth)
- Fresh berries
- Banana slices
- Butter (or flavored butter such as honey butter)
- Apple butter
- Jam, jelly, or marmalade
- Caramelized fruit
- Chocolate, caramel, or strawberry sauce
- Melted peanut butter or Nutella
If you prefer sweet and savory, turn your bagels into breakfast sandwiches instead.
Add bacon, sausage, fried bologna, or whatever meat you like best.
Then, add eggs, cheese, chives, and other ingredients to make the perfect breakfast sandwich.
You can also turn them into a sweet breakfast sandwich. Cover the top of one slice with flavored cream cheese.
Then, add your preferred fruits or jams before topping it with the other slice.
How to Store and Reheat – # French Toast Bagel (Homemade Recipe)
Your best storage option for these bagels is the refrigerator.
Place them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag with the air removed. They should stay fresh for about 4 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
If you go this route, be sure to add only one bagel slice per freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
To reheat them, warm them in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Refrigerated bagels will need about 5 to 10 minutes. Frozen ones will need 10 to 20.
You can also reheat refrigerated bagels in the microwave. Warm them for about 1 minute on high heat.
Just know that they might not retain their crispy edges if you use the microwave.