- 1 # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3 Ingredients – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 4 How to Make Christmas Morning Coffee Cake – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 5 How To Freeze Coffee Cake – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 6 Recipe Tips & Tricks- # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 7 More Cake Recipes You’ll Love- # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
- 8 Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe- # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
You are reading the article: Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe – World Ramens
: Make this Christmas coffee cake for a warm, crumbly treat this holiday season. It has a blend of cinnamon and brown sugar, and a melt-in-your-mouth topping.
Bạn Đang Xem: # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
# Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
This Christmas coffee cake is a holiday must-make.
From the warm blend of cinnamon and brown sugar to the crumbly melt-in-your-mouth topping, it’s hard to beat
This breakfast cake is the perfect way to start the festive season. And it’s extra special after the big man’s visit.
Nothing livens up the holidays like a home filled with sweet scents and delicious food, after all.
And nothing beats this Christmas morning coffee cake recipe.
Serve it first thing, as a post-gift unwrapping snack, or even for dessert later in the day.
Either way, I know you’ll love it.
Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Imagine the joy your family will feel waking up to the smell of this cinnamony-sweet coffee cake.
They might even be more excited about the cake than the presents!
Okay, maybe not. But it’s pretty darn delish.
Light, moist, and flavorful, you’ll love how the sponge complements the crumb topping.
Serve it with coffee, and you’ll be more than merry.
Ingredients – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
This cake has two main components: the cake and the topping. So, you’ll need a few ingredients – like sugar and butter – in both parts.
But the list isn’t that long!
- Pecans – For a pleasant nutty crunch. Feel free to use another nut, but remember that it’ll change the texture of the cake.
- Pecans have a buttery crunch, kind of like walnuts.
- In contrast, peanuts will stand out with a sharper crunch.
- White & Brown Sugar – You’ll use white sugar in the topping and the cake for sweetness. Light brown sugar just goes in the crumb for a caramelly finish.
- Butter – To help the crumble top stick together. Real butter is best for taste and texture. Use salted or unsalted, depending on your preferences.
- Cinnamon & Salt – Cinnamon brings a wonderful warmth. Salt balances the sweetness.
- Flour – All-purpose flour for the sponge.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda – To help the cake rise.
- Eggs – For richness and to help the sponge rise. Eggs also bind the cake ingredients.
- Sour Cream – Full-fat sour cream brings a crazy amount of moisture to cakes. If you prefer crème fraîche, substitute that instead.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract adds one more layer of sweet, delicious flavor to this cake.
How to Make Christmas Morning Coffee Cake – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Making this cake isn’t difficult. And you’ll find the full recipe and step-by-step instructions below.
See More : # Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce (Best Recipe)
But here’s a quick overview:
1. Preheat the oven and prep the baking dish.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°), and lightly grease an 8 x 10-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
2. Make the topping.
Finely chop the pecans and mix them in a medium bowl with the cinnamon, salt, and white and brown sugars.
Add the melted butter, then stir until everything looks wet.
3. Make the cake batter.
Beat the soft butter with the remaining white sugar in a separate large bowl. Use an electric mixer on low-medium speed until it looks pale and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the sour cream and vanilla. Mix on low until well blended.
Optional: In another large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Do this by hand to evenly distribute the leavening agents and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture and gently stir with a spatula.
Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and stir until you no longer see streaks of flour.
4. Assemble the cake in the baking dish.
Pour half of the cake batter into the baking dish and spread it out until it’s even and flat.
Spoon half of the topping mix over the cake batter. Try to keep it even and cover as much as you can.
Spoon the rest of the cake batter over the top and very gently spread it out.
Finish with the last of the topping.
5. Bake, cool, and enjoy!
See More : # Arrabbiata Sauce (Homemade Recipe)
Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
(Oven times may vary, so you may need to cook your cake longer. Keep an eye on it.)
Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the middle. It should come out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool for about 10 minutes.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
How To Freeze Coffee Cake – # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Freezing this cake is no problem. Just be sure it’s completely cooled first.
After that, you can freeze it in the baking pan, wrapped in plastic and foil. (Assuming it’s a freezer-safe dish, of course.)
If the pan isn’t suitable, transfer the cake or leftovers to an airtight container.
Once you’ve sealed the container, wrap it in aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
If you have a lidless container, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap first. Then, add the extra layer of aluminum foil.
Add the date, and freeze it! It should last a month, possibly two.
When ready to eat it, allow the cake to thaw at room temperature. You can eat it without reheating it at that point.
If you want to reheat it, do so in the oven.
Wrap it in aluminum foil and warm it for 15 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Recipe Tips & Tricks- # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Here are a few tips to ensure your cake turns out perfectly:
- Always use room-temperature ingredients. This is true of most bakes (not pastry). They’ll mix better this way.
- Use light pans for baking. Dark pans conduct more heat and can cook the cake too fast or leave the edges overdone.
- Add extra flavor. Cardamom and nutmeg are tasty additions. Or go for almond and rum extracts.
- Use parchment paper. Since the filling has brown sugar, it will caramelize around the edges and can stick. So, use parchment to make it easy to get out of the pan.
- Add sweet icing. It’s tasty as is, but extra sweetness never hurts!
- Make it fruity. A dollop of Christmas jam will really bring out the spices!
More Cake Recipes You’ll Love- # Easy Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe
Sara Lee Butter Coffee Cake
Apple Coffee Cake
Date and Nut Cake
What Kind of Coffee Can I Use for This Recipe?
You can use any type of brewed coffee for this recipe. However, we recommend using a medium-dark roast to bring out the delicious coffee flavor of the cake. You can also use espresso or decaffeinated coffee, if you prefer.
Are There Any Variations of This Recipe?
Yes, you can easily make variations of this recipe with different flavors. For example, you can use cocoa powder, cinnamon, or nutmeg to give the cake a different flavor. Or you can top the cake with different kinds of fruit, like raspberries, blueberries, or cherries.
Can I Make This Cake Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this coffee cake a day ahead of time and store it in a sealed container. This will help keep the cake moist and flavorful. If you want, you can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.