- 1 ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 Blueberry Sauce Recipe- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 3 Ingredients- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 4 How to Make Blueberry Sauce- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 5 Tips and Variations- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 6 Ways to Use Blueberry Sauce- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 7 How to Store- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 8 More Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 9 Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
You are reading the article: Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe – World Ramens
: This easy homemade blueberry sauce is bursting with juicy, plump berries and a bright pop of zippy citrus flavor. It’s perfect for topping pancakes, coffee cake, ice cream, and more!
Bạn Đang Xem: ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Bursting with juicy, plump berries and a bright pop of zippy citrus, this easy homemade blueberry sauce is a symphony of sweet and tart flavors.
Serve it with pancakes, coffee cake, ice cream, and more!
When they’re in season, blueberries are hard to beat. They’re bright, juicy, and fully loaded with sweet flavor.
I usually buy and freeze them when they’re fresh so I can enjoy them all year. And this is one of my go-to recipes.
It’s quick, easy, and super versatile.
It works well as a topping and as a cake or pie filling. So be sure to make extra because I have a feeling you’ll run out fast!
Blueberry Sauce Recipe- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Blueberry sauce is a sweet and tangy condiment that can be made from fresh or frozen blueberries.
It’s silky with a deep, vibrant color that catches your eye. And you’ll love the added texture of the fruit.
Of course, you can mash or stir it, leaving it extra soft or full of whole berries. It’s totally up to you!
A bit of cornstarch thickens it and gives it a nice glossy finish. Meanwhile, the lemon lifts the flavors and brightens it up.
See More : # 7-Can Soup (Easy Recipe)
Blueberry sauce is perfect for desserts but even works in certain savory dishes. For example, it’s incredible over salty pork!
Ingredients- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
This simple blueberry sauce needs just a handful of ingredients and about twenty minutes of your time.
You’ll need the following:
- Fresh or Frozen Blueberries – I prefer fresh blueberries for a thicker and more flavorful sauce. But if you freeze them when they’re ripe, they’ll be just as tasty from frozen.
- Sugar – To sweeten the sauce.
- Salt – Just a pinch for balance.
- Cornstarch – To thicken the mixture.
- Lemon – Zest and juice for a bright, zippy taste.
How to Make Blueberry Sauce- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Since it only needs a few ingredients, it shouldn’t be surprising to hear this recipe is quick and easy.
Here are the highlights:
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar, salt, and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the blueberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice, then stir to combine.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula to keep it from burning on the bottom.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until it’s thick – cook it for as long as you like until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Remove the pot from heat and pour the sauce into a heatproof bowl to cool completely.
Tips and Variations- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- The key to the best blueberry sauce is to use ripe blueberries. That way, they’ll be plump, juicy, and flavorful.
- If you use frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw them properly. Unthawed frozen berries may cause the sauce to be clumpy and watery.
- Add an extra teaspoon of cornstarch if you want a thicker mixture (for pie). Cook the sauce for a few more minutes until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Use lime instead of lemon. It’ll give you the same citrussy lift but won’t be as tart.
- Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the lumps. This will give you a syrupy sauce instead of a compote.
Ways to Use Blueberry Sauce- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Are you looking for creative ways to incorporate blueberry sauce into your meals? Try one of these delightful treats to brighten your day!
1. Pancakes and Waffles: Drizzle blueberry sauce over your pancakes or waffles for a sweet and fruity breakfast.
2. Yogurt Parfait: Layer blueberry sauce with yogurt and granola for a delicious and healthy snack.
3. Ice Cream Topping: Spoon blueberry sauce over vanilla ice cream for a sweet and tangy dessert.
4. Cheesecake Topping: Top your favorite cheesecake with blueberry sauce for classic blueberry cheesecake goodness.
5. Smoothies: Add a drizzle of blueberry sauce to your morning smoothie for a fruity, tangy boost.
These are just a few ideas, but there are many other ways to use homemade blueberry sauce. Get creative and enjoy!
How to Store- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Are you planning to make a blueberry sauce and wondering how to store it properly?
See More : # Kool-Aid Pie (No-Bake Recipe)
Here are three ways to keep your sauce fresh:
To Store in The Refrigerator
The easiest and most common way to store homemade blueberry sauce is in the refrigerator.
Let the sauce cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container. It will keep well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To Store in The Freezer
If you have a lot of blueberry sauce or want to store it for longer, you can freeze it.
Make sure only to freeze blueberry sauce that’s made without cornstarch.
If you’re experienced with canning, you can store your blueberry sauce in jars. Follow proper canning procedures to ensure safety and shelf stability.
More Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love- ##Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Bisquick Blueberry Cobbler
What are the health benefits of eating blueberry sauce?
Blueberry sauce is a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal or dessert. Blueberries are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and manganese. They are also rich in antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and prevent disease. Eating blueberry sauce can help boost your immunity and improve your overall health.
How can I make blueberry sauce vegan?
This homemade blueberry sauce recipe can easily be made vegan by substituting the butter for vegan margarine and the honey for maple syrup or agave nectar. Additionally, you can use a vegan-friendly milk such as almond milk or oat milk instead of cow’s milk.
Can I store the homemade blueberry sauce for later?
Yes, you can store the homemade blueberry sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. To reheat, simply place in the microwave for 30 seconds or in a saucepan over low-medium heat until warm.